Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Delhi Boy

You were such a Delhi Boy,

Only Paneer, Aloo Gobi and Chole brought you undiluted joy,


You claimed you didn’t like Butter chicken,

But knew the difference between Mumbai and Delhi’s version of the signature chicken,


You were a lover of Badshah,

And could easily draw,


Parallels between him and you,

You heard all his songs, both old and new,


Aditya Prateek Singh Sisodia, Raghu and Rajiv sir, MTV Roadies and Splitsvilla, 

Raghu and Rajiv sir’s Skulls and roses, Varun Thakur’s Shaitaan Haveli, these were the shows that captured your imagination like no other,


I found you in splits,

Like nothing is amiss,


In your hectic life,

All would be well, with you watching these shows, with your disinterested wife,


I agree, Shaitaan Haveli was hilariously funny,

Some Badshah songs, sounded like honey,


I repeat, you were a Delhi boy, through and through,

Raj Kachori, was your favourite chaat, you had to eat it, to drive away all your blues,


I loved the Delhi boy in you,

The one who wanted to wear the most expensive shoes,


I’m glad you bought that Tumi bag,

The one that has a prominent, personalised “RB” tag,


I’ll take it to work everyday, stuffing in my cheap laptop,

Not everyone can afford an Apple laptop,


I’ll guard it with my life,

Until, God pulls the plug off my lease, called life. 

No comments: