Monday, January 31, 2022

Appuppan And You


Appuppan, the first man I ever fell in love with,

Appuppans are meant to pamper and molly coddle, these were urban legends and myths,


Because, my appuppan, threw whiskey on my face,

And never gave me space,


When it came to eating,

He was always treating, 

My siblings and I, with medu vadas, Kerala porottas and beef fry,

The fact that you never had a chance to meet him, always made me cry,


He was the man who taught me how to love,

Which is why, I probably fell in love,

With you, I saw bits and pieces of him in you,

You also brought me food to drive away my blues, 


For every medu vada appuppan fed me,

You got me hot chocolate, gaajar halwa, brownies and every imaginable cookie/pastry in the world, it filled me with immense pride and glee,


That I had the made right choice after all, by choosing you,

You knew that food was the glue,


By which you can mend fights,

Piping hot chole bhature, was my absolute right,

After every fight,

I hugged you tight,


Only after gobbling down, that deep fried maida laden bread,

And all would be right with the world again, until, we dropped the next warhead,


Appuppan, would have loved you,

Simply for being you,


You both loved well made beef and had a taste for all things fine,

I hope you’ve both met each other, on cloud nine, 


I want you to swap stories with each other,

Until we finally meet one another. 

No comments: