Sunday, January 16, 2022

Loneliness 101

A husbandless house,
A lonely spouse,

Always waiting,
Constantly debating,

The myriad voices,
Questioning our life choices,

"How do you live alone in this alien city, with a perpetually travelling husband?",
"I respect his career choices and have made myself accustomed",

"Poor you! What a tough life"
"Not really. He is my life, I am the happiest wife"

This cat and mouse game,
Was alright, until parents we became,

If it took two to make a baby,
Then why say maybe,

When I requested you to pay a little more attention at home?

An equal partner was whom I sought,
Instead I found myself caught,

Inside a stinging hot cauldron,
Overflowing with unrealistic goals, self-destruction and over-work, 

You turned a blind eye to everything that mattered,
Your selfish decisions have royally battered,

Everything we built so hard to create,
Starting with being each other's best mates.

No comments: