Sunday, January 23, 2022

Your Impending Death


Did you have an inkling of your death,

A month, a week, a day or an even an hour before you took your last breath,


I have a feeling you did,

Why else would you take me to the same roads we walked on as kids,


We reminisced about our life together,

We transformed from irresponsible young adults, into mature parents who powered through every weather,


You asked me the most poignant questions,

And I replied with the most ill-timed suggestions,


I just took it for granted, that you will always be around,

Buying a house, buying a car, going on an International holiday, why must I overthink and frown,


About these life changing decisions,

When my husband always had grand visions,


Up his sleeve,

So why did you leave,


Even before fulfilling your BMW dreams,

Your unfulfilled promise to me about taking a week off for our 8th wedding anniversary has my tears flowing down in streams,


Not even a week had passed, since I rubbed ghee on you and pushed you into the fire,

And your “well wishers”, put me through further hellfire, 


Saying, I’ll get re-married and find someone else,

Those who needed an explanation about our sacred love story, deserved only a belt,


But I refuse to stoop down to their level,

Their heads are filled with the devil,


I will always be yours,

Today, tomorrow and into the gloomy unending future years, 


What a chore it is, to live without you,

Can’t wait to settle our son professionally and personally, so that I can quickly find my way back to you,


I no longer belong here,

Each day without you, feels like my heart is being pricked by a spear.  


No comments: