Sunday, January 30, 2022

Poopieless Me

The third wheel, in the midst of happy couples,

Never awkward, but feeling strange, to be a part of their personal conversations and chuckles,


Suddenly all alone,

After 14 years of being prone,


To your anger, mood swings, temperamental behaviour, sweetness, loving and sensitivity,

Now my head is filled with rot, like a decayed cavity,


Remember Arnold Swarzenegger as Mr Freeze,

He preserved his wife’s dead body in a case and watched her hair fluttering, in the watery breeze,


I wish I preserved your body too,

Perhaps, I could have revived you,


In the future, with the help of medical science, 

Curse me for forming an alliance,


With your “well wishers”, the crematorium workers and the pandit,

Who advised me to bid you goodbye, like a noisy, senseless trumpet,


I gave in, without much thought,

And now, I’m filled with after thoughts,


About how, I could have snatched you away from death,

And tried to give you back your breaths,


Doesn’t matter, if you came back alive as a different person,

Me trying, wouldn’t have made things worsen,


From what it is today,

How could I just stand by helplessly, watching your body turn from brown to grey,


Shame on me,

Forgive me,


I’ll be a better wife,

In your next life,


I’ll do everything humanely possible,

To make the impossible, possible,


Love you,

Infinitely more than pongal, chole bhature and my loud, pink Puma walking shoe.  

No comments: