Monday, January 31, 2022

Life Trained Already

My voice of reason,
During any given season,

Your technique of driving me to do better,
Was by bullying, which you thought, would make me a go-getter,

But my reasons for going to work,
Was to get away from a husbandless house, one that made me go berserk, 

The loneliness killed me,
But my love for you, propelled me,

To keep hanging around,
For the weekend, was always just round,  

The corner,
We would quickly transform into party animals from corporate earners,

Come the weekend, we barely saw the insides of our house,
We treated those four walls, as a boring boarding house,

Monday, would hit us all too soon,
Once again, I would be left alone like a cookie-less buffoon,

Why didn’t you just quit?
Each time you announced a promotion or appraisal, I was worried out of my wits,

For I knew, you would stay out of the house even longer,
Forcing me to become bolder and stronger,

To tackle hurdles, both big and small, 
You hated watching me bawl,

And forced me to “figure it out”,
You’ve already life-trained me, to lead without doubt,

The realisation is slowly sinking in,
Each time I encounter a little win. 

No comments: