Thursday, January 27, 2022

Grief


I thought I experienced it, when my grandfather died,

Next, when my grandmother died,


I felt huge chunks of my childhood,

Just leaving forever, that was until your death hit me, well into my adulthood,


The person who made me experience motherhood,

And womanhood,


All at once,

With your dignified presence and abrupt absence, 


Madness, tragedy, loss, broken spirit,

These words sound so useless, when I hear it,


What actually happened when you died,

Was that I cried,


So hard,

That my very core got scarred,


Your soul escaped not just your body,

But mine too, your significant somebody,


So, once again I urge “well wishers”, please don’t advice me to stay strong,

Your significant others are alive, therefore your notion of grief and strength are warped and stupidly wrong. 

No comments: