Saturday, January 29, 2022

Visitation Dreams

You look happy,

Definitely, less snappy,


Relieved even,

Rolling a dice on a board game, that appeared uneven,


The last I saw you that content,

Was when you had spent,


All your free time with the boys,

Along with your musical toys,


Death has truly freed you,

From this burden called life, I can sense you throwing clues,


At me, all the time,

You prevented me, from hearing my favourite Rasmus song this morning, because you always found them childish and without rhyme,


You are making your son quote sentences at me,

That you threw on me in life, just to prove, that he is your little bee,


I’m lapping them all up, with a broad smile,

I hope my immediate exciting plan, has filled you with bile,


At times, I want you to rest in peace,

At other times, I wonder why God abruptly pulled out the lease on your life,


What kind of a person is God?

If he can still plod,


In peace, after committing this sin,

Your death is not a win,


For anyone,

Least of all, your innocent son,


Did we not have him for so long,

Because, God was trying to ring cautionary dongs,


Trying to tell us,

That our life would be far from superfluous,


So think long and hard,

Before making decisions that are beyond our reach and avante-garde.

No comments: