Friday, January 28, 2022

Unforgivable Decisions


Some of the decisions you took, 
Without taking a second look,

At your wife and son,
Killed more effectively, than bullets in a loaded gun,

The fact that your heart and mind were so set on people pleasing,
And that you easily gave in, to their emotional squeezing,

Is so obvious,
For my child and I, were never the audience,

Whenever you took big, life decisions,
I knew what was going on and continued to make provisions,

For those toxic blunders,
If only, you had a brain of your own, our life would have been filled with wonders,

Instead of this anomaly today,
In the form of your unexpected death, that got in the way,

I cannot forget or forgive you,
For turning my life into a zoo,

The child will be fine,
I’ll raise him to have a spine,

But what about me?
Have you ever stopped to think about me?

I never wanted to live in a house alone,
Or deliver our child while you happily roamed,

If being a husband didn’t cut it for you,
Didn’t that innocent life, give you a clue,

That it’s time to father up,
As opposed to running around like a clueless pup,

Who wagged his tail, like a brainless cub,
You were never a hands-on father, so I dropped all my expectations of you bathing our child in a tub,

You made tall claims of missing us and our forever house,
But your words and actions were so different, it would drive any sane person into a madhouse,

So let me lay it down straight for you,
You tried to be a good husband and father, but it just wasn’t enough, I never raked the issue,

Simply because, I had learnt to live with an absentee husband,
As for your child, he will get accustomed,

To a fatherless life,
At least now, stop to think about that innocent life,

Who had to suffer the consequences of your decisions, that were far from wise,
He will be better than you, he will rise,

Strong and tall,
With a clear mind of his own, having the strength to hit every curveball,

Out of his way,
He will not get swayed, he will stand tall and stay,

To look at his problems, straight in the eye,
Most importantly, he will not get manipulated by selfish people who are slimy and sly. 

No comments: