Thursday, January 20, 2022

You

Did the world really know you, like I did,
I'm being told you were a mentor, an inspiration and a rockstar, but in reality, you had the heart of a kid,

You were my telly tubby man,
Who surely wanted, a longer life span,

You had BMW dreams,
And loved working with smart teams,

If you liked someone or something at work,
You would talk to me endlessly about that person or case, until I went berserk,

Didn't matter what time you came home,
You'd wake me up immediately and get me upto speed with your weekly activities, 

Not everything you did was interesting, I'll admit,
You were essentially a cool nerd and I resisted my urge to split,

Each time you droned on and on, about something I just couldn't comprehend,
Still, I tried my best to lend,

A patient ear and filled the house with all your favourite goodies galore,
With you gone, my life has turned sour,

I've turned into the Mind Flayer from the Upside Down world,
The best place for me is alongside you, in the afterworld,

I'm being told, you'd do anything to come back,
So why aren't you back?

Are you happy with this void you've created in my life?
Your poopie, your best friend and your wife,

That's what you called me,
If you really meant it, you'd hover around me,

Until I reach you,
Right now, that's the least you can do. 

No comments: