Wednesday, January 05, 2022

One Horrible Month

One horrible month since you've been gone,
I don't feel like waking up at dawn,

An existence without you,
Feels like an unending, painful flu,

If I had to relive my life with you,
Even if i knew,

That you'd go so soon,
I would still dance to your every tune,

I'd wait for the weekends,
Bide time with friends,

Pretend not to care when the door unlocked on Friday,
When in reality, my heart would be soaring in happiness glancing at my bae,

Riaan and I lived for the weekends,
You were better than the best of our baby and adult friends,

You were superdad and the love of my life,
I don't know about Riaan, but you would wholeheartedly agree, I was the ultimate superwife, 

Happy wife equals happy life,
And you made me so happy, even when your words cut sharper than a knife, 

We love you, forever more,
More than you'll ever know. 

No comments: