Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Aeroplanes

The sound of an aeroplane whizzing by, 

Instantly makes my heart soar high,


Until reality dawns on me,

And I realise, God forcibly made you flee,


From your gorgeous, Sponge-Bob shaped frame,

You harboured some shame,


For the kilos you piled on,

But I always reassured and convinced you, that you looked as graceful as a swan,


Didn’t matter if you put on or lost weight,

Your face had a radiance, on any given date,


Except on the days you had to wake up early,

To catch a flight, then you looked undoubtedly surly,


You knew airports inside out,

You had to have your tall glass of Americano at Starbucks, lest you have a blackout,


You bumped into celebrities, some known and some unknown,

You regaled me with stories about them, over the phone,


Until I would see you in person, on Friday nights,

I would keep trying to guess and sight,


The aeroplane in which you landed,

You’d leave a one word message, “Landed”,


And call just as fast,

To let me know that you passed,


Mountains of chocolates and toys,

And picked just the right ones, for your wife and baby boy,


I dread looking at aeroplanes now,

For, none of them have you in them anymore,


I want to fly straight up to you,

Leaving behind this corrupt, greedy zoo. 

No comments: