Friday, January 21, 2022

Just Stop


Stop with the unsolicited parenting advice,
I’m grieving, not brain dead, so stop bouncing off your suggestions like a dice,

Stop telling me, I need to live for my son,
Like a brainless, bullet-less gun,

I was a wife first,
Before motherhood hit me headfirst,

I had to convince my husband, who was my first baby and life,
That I will always be his wife,

He was in constant competition with his son,
For my attention, time and activities filled with fun,

I know how to take care of my husband, son and myself,
So please keep your suggestions to yourself,

In my happiness lay theirs,
And in their sadness, I had an equal share,

I love my son, but the place my husband had in my life was irreplaceable,
So please, don’t tell me to shove memories of my dead husband to a corner of my brain that is untraceable,

That is ridiculously impossible,
Keep your foolish advices to yourself as far as possible. 

No comments: