Friday, January 07, 2022

Riaan Is Three



Our bundle is three,
Are you far away or buzzing around like a bee,

Will you kiss him today,
And join in his play,

He hasn't asked about you offlate,
Perhaps he has resigned to his fate,

I took him to the beach today,
To kickstart his birthday,

He was ecstatic,
And viciously attacked his favourite sandy brown gold, like a fanatic,

He has convinced us that he is three months old,
And can no longer be controlled,

Opinionated, adamant and an absolute rebel,
No squabble ends well,

It's always his way or none,
He truly is your son,

That both excites and scares me,
Because I don't want him to flee,

From the realities of life and live inside a hazy little cloud,
He must live a well rounded life and that I will din into him, nice and loud,

He will excercise everyday,
Come back home early to his family,

Not be a people pleaser,
Instead be a smart little, well deserving seizer,

He can do and be anything,
As long as he does it all, with a playful ring,

Nothing and noone is more important than his life,
This he will learn from me for now and later his wife,

Now quickly wish him a happy third birthday,
Bless him, guide him and fill his life with abundant joy, today and everyday.

2 comments:

Pavitra Venkatraman said...

Happy Birthday to Riaan! I have you and Riaan in my prayers. I didn’t know your poopie at all but I know the management consulting industry and have many friends in this industry. Praying that people are able to see beyond the corporate haze and find their true happiness

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the little one.

I donot know your poppie personally but i know the management consulting industry very well ..having experienced/seen it as closely you have..it is a heartless industry, but that said so are majority of corporate jobs. Your poppie had a passion and purpose in his music and job which is something not many people discover in their entire lifetimes so your poppie really is lucky to have discovered and lived his passion

I have you and Riaan in my prayers all the time and am praying for happier times ahead for both of you. I am sure your Riaan will grown up to a be kind human being. My love to both of you.